WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS SUGAR DETOX?
The main purpose of the sugar detox is to restore your health, begin repairing your gut, and reduce inflammation. Although some do it to lose weight, that is not the purpose of the program… but it can be a nice bonus!
HOW LONG IS THE DETOX?
The detox program is 21 days.
WHO WILL BE DOING IT? IS THERE SOMEONE TO REACH OUT TO FOR SUPPORT?
There will be many others starting the program on the same day. You can find support and encouragement from them on The 21-Day Sugar Detox Facebook page. Anyone and everyone is welcome to jump on board to join the group!
WHAT CAN I DO NOW TO SET MYSELF UP FOR SUCCESS?
There are a few things you can do now to prepare yourself for the detox:
1. Go on over to The 21-Day Sugar Detox site to purchase the detox guide. It is digital so you will receive the materials promptly. I believe the cost is $21 and you have the materials for life, so you can use it over and over! Totally worth the price! Here are just a few of the helpful things the guide includes:
- Food replacement guide including dining out options
- Special modifications for: athletes, pregnant or nursing moms, vegans, and vegetarians
- Snack ideas plus 30 pages of easy recipes
- An extensive Yes and No food list as well as handy one-page guides to sweeteners and oils
2. Start getting rid of junk food. Yes, that means all of that leftover Valentines Candy you have lying around. Don’t make it harder on yourself by keeping it around or worse… eating it all at once because you know you won’t be able to have again for a while! Just throw it out! Trust me, it’ll be easier this way.
3. Once you receive your guide, look through the recipes, and start making up your grocery list. For families of 3 or more, you may need to spend a good hour or two on this every week. That means, find recipes you like, plan your meals for the week, make up your grocery list, and clip coupons if you use them. Sound like too much work? Try The Foodee website to help organize your meals and grocery lists. This site even includes Sugar-Detox approved meals… you just have to search for the ones that are labeled as so. Other helpful recipe sites that include some great Sugar-Detox approved recipes are:
HOW WILL I FEEL DURING THE DETOX?
Don’t be surprised if you begin the detox and don’t feel so great during the first 1-3 days. Sometimes feeling worse actually means you are beginning to heal your body. These negative side effects are calling a “healing crisis” and usually only last the first few days of the detox, although some people experience none of these side effects. Some of the most common negative side effects are:
- Flu or cold-like symptoms
- Low energy
- Skin breakouts
- Sporadic sleep
- Irritability/emotional sensitivity
WHAT KIND OF RESULTS CAN I EXPECT WHEN THE DETOX IS OVER?
Although the purpose of this detox is not to lose weight, many people do experience this nice little side effect. 🙂 Here are some other common results you can expect to see after the detox is over:
- Glowing skin
- A flatter stomach/less bloating/fat loss
- Increased energy (after the first week)
- Clearer thinking
- Reduced cravings for sugars and carbs
- Elevated mood/Less depression
- Better sleep
- Lower Cholesterol
- Increased sense of taste
- Increased sense of wellbeing
If these look like symptoms that you would like to have a little more of in your life, then I urge you to do this challenge with me! Go on over to The 21-Day Sugar Detox site, purchase your guide, and get ready to change your health!