PALEO STRAWBERRY APPLE CRISP
Please note: This recipe was adapted from one by BIG EATS… tiny kitchen. Go here to see the original.
1 1/2 cups green apples, peeled and diced
3 cups fresh strawberries, quartered (with stems removed)
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of arrowroot
1 cup of almond flour
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I used raw hazelnuts)
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with nonstick spray or rub with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine filling ingredients. Place filling ingredients into 8″ x 8″ baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine almond meal, salt, baking powder, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup. Mix in walnuts and shredded unsweetened coconut. Mixture will look like wet badder.
- Sprinkle or crumble topping over fruit filling.
- Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and then dig in.Optional: top with fresh homemade whipped cream, or dairy-free homemade whipped cream using chilled cream from coconut milk. (See the Whipped Cream section on my List of Substitutions.)