EASY PALEO CHILI & PEPPADEW PEPPER ALMOND BREAD
2 tablespoons coconut oil or other high heat oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 pound ground meat (I use bison)
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 jar (12 ounces) of roasted red peppers (no sugar added), drained and chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste
optional: chopped cilantro and/or sliced green onions
1. Over medium-high heat, melt the coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add chopped onions and minced garlic to the oil and allow them to soften and become fragrant (about 2-3 minutes).
2. Add the ground meat and cook thoroughly.
3. Once meat is cooked through, add chopped tomatoes, chopped red peppers, and chili powder. Mix until well combined.
4. Turn heat down to medium-low, cover the saucepan, and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency is reached.
5. Season with salt and pepper and, if desired, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and/or sliced green onions.
4 large eggs
2/3 cup melted (but cooled) grass-fed butter or ghee
2 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*1/4 cup minced Peppadew peppers (whole, sweet, HOT Piquante peppers)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
*Note: These do contain sugar.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together eggs and melted butter in a large bowl.
3. Stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until moistened.
4. Stir in minced Peppadew peppers.
5. Rub the bottom of an 8×8 baking dish with melted oil and pour batter into dish.
6. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the center is well set.
7. Serve with Easy Paleo Chili and top with grass-fed butter, if desired.