GRAINLESS, SUGAR-FREE GRANOLA
(Makes 1 large batch)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter*
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup raw sesame seeds
1/2 cup almond slivers
1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
*This can also be sweetened with a little honey or maple syrup in place of some of the almond butter, if desired.
1. In a large pan, melt the coconut oil over medium-high heat.
2. Pour the melted coconut oil into a large bowl. Add the vanilla and almond butter and whisk together.
3. In the large pan, add the pumpkin seeds and roast over medium heat, until they pop (about 3-4 minutes).
4. Remove the pumpkin seeds from the pan and set aside on a paper towel or paper plate.
5. In the large pan, add the sesame seeds, almond slivers, and coconut. Roast until slightly brown (about 3-4 minutes).
6. Add the pumpkin seeds and nut mixture to the bowl of coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and almond butter. Mix well.
7. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
*Do not refrigerate or granola will become hard.
* Do not leave out in sunlight for long periods of time or the oils will begin to melt (still edible, but just a warning).
* Seeds may clump together. Just break them up or shake the jar before pouring.