PAD THAI WITH CABBAGE NOODLES
Pictured: Pad Thai with Spaghetti Squash Noodles.
1 medium-large head of green cabbage, thinly sliced (or you can use 2 cups of roasted spaghetti squash)
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
2 teaspoons coconut oil
8 ounces raw chicken thighs, diced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
garlic powder or granulated garlic
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup almond butter (use unsweetened if you are trying to stay away from sugar)
1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
1. Place thinly sliced cabbage in a large skillet and warm over medium heat. Stir fry until wilted and set aside in a separate container.
2. Whisk together the eggs and coconut aminos in a bowl. Melt 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in the large skillet over medium-high heat. Once melted, pour in the egg mixture. Scramble until cooked through. Set aside in a separate container.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the diced chicken with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika to taste. Place the chicken and sliced onion in the large skillet and saute until the chicken is cooked through. Turn the heat down to low.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the sauce ingredients until well combined.
5. Add the sauce, scrambled eggs, and 2 cups of wilted cabbage into the large skillet of cooked chicken (if you have more than 2 cups, save the remainder for another meal). Turn the heat back up to medium-high and stir fry all of the ingredients until hot.
6. Optional: Garnish with bean sprouts or sliced almonds for a crunchy texture, or a lime wedge, chopped cilantro, and sliced green onions for a fresh accent.
This can also be served with spaghetti squash noodles in place of the wilted, sliced cabbage.