CHICKEN ALFREDO OVER SPAGHETTI SQUASH NOODLES
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1 medium white onion, chopped
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
1 can of full-fat coconut milk
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 rotisserie chicken (no sugar added)
AND DON’T FORGET…
1 large or 2 medium spaghetti squash for the “noodles”.
1. Shred the rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
3. Add onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 4 minutes or until softened.
4. Stir in the basil and coconut milk.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
6. Stir in the salt, pepper, and chicken. Cook until heated through. Add more seasoning if desired.
7. Serve over SPAGHETTI SQUASH NOODLES (you only need to roast 1 large spaghetti squash or 2 medium for more “noodles”).
*Optional but suggested: Before serving, season the squash noodles with a little bit of coconut oil, salt, and pepper for added flavor.
This was adapted from an emeals recipe. For more recipes like this one, check out emeals.com