SPICY BEEF STIR FRY AND SESAME BROCCOLI
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1 tablespoon fish sauce (no sugar added)
1-3 teaspoons adobo sauce (less for not-too spicy, more for very spicy)*
1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
*Note: I bought a can of chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce, chopped up the peppers & used them in turkey burgers, then used the adobo sauce for this recipe. However, I’m sure you can buy the adobo sauce by itself. Or, feel free to use another hot chile sauce of your choice. Just make sure it is free of sugars, like this one here.
1. Heat coconut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add beef to the pan and cook until browned.
3. Remove beef from the pan (leaving juices in pan) and add in the bell pepper and onions and cook until softened.
4. In a small bowl whisk together the coconut aminos, fish sauce, adobo sauce, and arrowroot. (You may want to start with less adobo sauce and then add in more at the end if it’s not spicy enough.)
5. Add the beef and sauce into the pan and mix together with the bell peppers and onions.
6. Simmer until the sauce has thickened.
1 pound bag of broccoli florets (or 2 pounds of raw broccoli, stems removed)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Drizzle of toasted sesame oil for extra flavor (optional)
1. Steam the broccoli in water for about 4 minutes, or until tender-crisp.
2. Drain and stir in the sesame seeds, salt, and pepper.
3. Drizzle with toasted sesame oil for added flavor.