COCONUT PROTEIN WAFFLES
Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside; these waffles are high in good fats and protein… but hard to stop eating!
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
2/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder (preferably unsweetened or sweetened only with Stevia. If yours contains sugar, then omit the applesauce).
1/3 cup almond meal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Grease your waffle iron and preheat.
2. Add eggs to a large bowl and beat well.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the eggs and whisk together until well mixed.
4. When iron is hot & ready, pour in the batter, and allow it to cook according to the instructions of your waffle maker (usually you can tell that the waffles are ready when the steam from the iron slows down).
5. Carefully remove waffles from the iron with a fork (they are delicate when still hot, so be careful).
Try melting some grass-fed butter and honey together in a small ramekin and then pour over your waffles when they are ready.