SWEET & SAVORY SCRAMBLED PANCAKES
This recipe is actually a spin off of my many failed attempts to properly flip a grain-free pancake.
The result was always tasty but I just decided I was too impatient for this… who really has time to flip pancakes in the morning anyway? Anyone?
Thus, scrambled pancakes. And while I completely realize that they are hardly pancakes at all, it’s more about the flavor of pancakes without the hassle of pancakes. Less time flipping and more time enjoying. 😉
And by the way, this is a great post-workout meal!
5 large eggs or 6 small eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened pureed/canned sweet potato or mashed banana (for a sweeter flavor).
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
about 6 ounces of bacon or turkey “bacon” (this is really flexible, just depends on your taste preference)
Coconut oil or grass-fed butter for pan frying
salt and pepper to taste or top with melted butter
1. Lightly grease a very large pan with 1-2 teaspoons of coconut oil or grass-fed butter. Melt over medium heat.
2. Chop bacon, place in pan and begin to fry.
2. While bacon is cooking, whisk together eggs, sweet potato, applesauce, cinnamon, and vanilla in a medium bowl.
3. When bacon has finished cooking, pour ingredients from bowl into the pan, adding to the cooked bacon.
4. Scramble entire mixture until fully cooked and season lightly with salt and pepper or grass-fed butter.
Another option is to take the bacon out prior to pouring in the batter. After pouring in the batter, dump bacon on top of “pancake” and fold over like an omelet. There…. now you have an omelet pancake… With bacon.