COCONUT CRUSTED CHICKEN AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS MANGO SALAD
If you prefer to serve your chicken with some sweet potato fries instead or on the side, check out this recipe.
2 boneless, chicken breasts
1/2 cup of coconut flour
2 teaspoons of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon of paprika
1/2 teaspoon of ground mustard powder
1 cup (or more, if needed) unsweetened, shredded coconut
Honey for drizzle (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. and lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil or butter.
2. Cut chicken into long, thin strips (about 3/4″-1″ thick).
3. Take 3 medium-large bowls out. In the first bowl, mix: coconut flour, salt, five-spice, onion, paprika, and mustard powder.
4. In the second bowl, beat the eggs.
5. In the third bowl, pour in the unsweetened, shredded coconut.
6. Coat each chicken strip with the flour mixture, dip it into the eggs (making sure it’s coated but not drenched), and then roll it around in the shredded coconut until completely covered.
7. Place the strips on the greased baking sheet, making sure there is a little space between each one. If you like your coconut chicken to have a hint of sweetness, then drizzle them with some honey on both sides.
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve over salad or with sweet potato fries and a side of honey mustard (2 Tablespoons of spicy brown mustard and 1 Tablespoon of honey, mixed together).
BRUSSELS SPROUTS & MANGO SALAD
1/2 pound of Brussels sprouts
1/2 of a small, ripe mango (about 1/2 a cup, if you are buying it pre-chopped)
2 Tablespoons of lemon juice
2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon of honey (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper
Parsley for garnish and added flavor (optional)
1. Cut Brussels sprouts into thin slices and dump into a large bowl.
2. Chop mango into bite-sized pieces and add it to the Brussels sprouts.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the large bowl and toss to coat. Allow it to sit and marinate for about 30 minutes before serving. Top with coconut chicken and garnish with fresh parsley.