BISON ROAST WITH SWEET POTATO & KALE RAGU
We like to serve this over buttered coconut flour bread.
2 tablespoons of Coconut oil
1/2 pound of Bison roast (or Bison steak medallions)
salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to taste
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 cup of organic beef broth
1/4 cup of red wine vinegar (or you can use apple cider vinegar instead)
1 bay leaf
1 cup of chopped sweet potatoes (about 1 small sweet potato)
1/2 cup chopped Anjou pear
1 cup of shredded kale
1 tablespoon of honey (optional)
1/2 cup of fresh chopped parsley
1. Heat coconut oil in a large pan, over medium-high heat.
2. Season roast with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
3. Add roast to pan and brown the sides (about 4 minutes on each side).
4. Transfer to a slow cooker or electric pressure cooker.
5. Add garlic, onion, broth, vinegar, and bay leaf to the slow/pressure cooker.
6. For slow cookers: cook on low for 4 hours. Add sweet potatoes, pear, kale, and honey in the last hour of cooking.
For electric pressure cookers: select the timed-cooking option and cook for 1 hour (make sure you set it to the Airtight position). When finished, release the pressure first, then open and add in the sweet potatoes, pear, kale, and honey. Re-start the pressure cooker, selecting the timed-cooking function again (Airtight position) and cook for 15 more minutes.
7. When finished cooking, stir in the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.